This week’s Friday fun contains a selection of images of famous musicians hanging out at archaeological sites. Hope you enjoy them!
1. A 1961 New York Times photo, showing Louis Armstrong playing trumpet for his wife, Lucille, in front of the Great Sphinx and pyramids in Giza, Egypt.
2. A very young looking U2 at the Rock of Cashel, Co. Tipperary.
3. John Lennon and George Harrison of The Beatles sword fighting at Dromoland Castle, Co. Clare, 27th of March 1964.
4. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones hang out at Stonehenge (Photo Michael Cooper)
5. Irish Celtic Rock band Horslips pose in front of the High Cross at Tully, Co. Dublin (1972/73).
American rock band the Grateful Dead preform in front of the Sphinx, Giza, Egypt, 1978
1 thought on “Rocking through the Ages”