The annual Irish Archaeology.ie photo competition is open once more for entries. Last year’s competition was very successfully and we received loads of fantastic images. You can view some of theses photos here, here, here, here and here. Hopefully the standard will be equally high this year.
The photos submitted should feature archaeological or historical sites and can be from anywhere in the world. The best photos will be shared on our website, facebook and twitter accounts, while the over-all winner will receive a €100 voucher for our shop. There will also be runner-up prizes.
All entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com. The photographs should be accompanied by a caption and the name of the person who took the picture. The photographer will always retain full Copyright of their image. There is a maximum of three photo entries per person and the closing date for entries is August 24th 2014.
Competition Terms and Conditions apply:
* All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the permission of the subject (where identifiable).
* No excessively digitally altered images will be accepted (no cloning, adding or removing elements). Basic enhancements are allowed, for example brightness, contrast, and sharpening etc.
* All pictures should be submitted as JPEG files (.jpg). Please include a caption to explain your picture. Photographers will be credited and the picture will be watermarked with the photographer’s name (eg. Picture: John Smith)
* You warrant to us that all contributions are lawful and do not infringe any rights of any third party and that you will indemnify us in respect of any breach of that warranty.
* Irish Archaeology.ie accepts no liability for any content submitted by third parties.
* Photographer will always retain full Copyright of their image.
* We respect the intellectual property of all photographers and we ask our readers to do the same. All material published is protected by copyright and no one is allowed to copy or reproduce anything without consent.
* You will not submit a photograph that is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene.
* You license us to use the photograph you provide on our website and social media accounts and for more than once.
* You accept that we may exercise editorial control over the photograph and may decide not to allow publication at our absolute discretion.
* Judges decision is final.
* Irish Archaeology.ie retains the right to reject or disqualify a picture from the competition.
*There is a maximum of three photo entries per person